Roofing Companies San Diego
Are you looking for a way to save on energy costs? A way to earn extra money? A way to help the environment? All of the above? The many solar roofing benefits address all of these concerns. When you install solar roofing on your home, you are setting yourself up for a great return on investment, offsetting your energy costs and lessening the environmental impact of your home. You are even supporting local business and contributing to energy independence.
Solar Roofing Energy Savings
Perhaps the biggest benefit of installing solar panels is the amount of energy costs you will save. Because you are generating your own electricity, you will most likely not have to pay the electric bill every month.
Even though solar panels produce the most energy on sunny days, they can still generate energy on cloudy days. The diffused or indirect sunlight can still power your home. Generally, about 20% of the power normally create on a sunny day will be produced on a cloudy day.
While initial investment costs can get expensive, the payback period for most people is about three and a half years. Most solar panels have a warranty of about 10 years, and can last about 25 years. This means that you can generate free electricity for over 20 years.
SOLAR ROOF TIPS:
A Way to Earn Extra Money
Did you know you can even earn money when you have solar panels? Here are a few rebates and tax credits you can potentially receive:
• Installing solar panels can get pricey. However, there is a federal income tax credit you sign up for when you file your taxes. You will receive about 30% of the total system cost back, meaning you save $7,500 on a system worth $25,000.
• The Solar Renewable Energy Credits program can also be used and combined with the federal tax refund mentioned above. These credits are generated throughout the year, and the program is run by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
• There are also other state and local rebates you can find, just do your research to take advantage of them! Hopefully, you can combine a few rebate and credit programs to save more money on your solar panel system.
Help the Environment
With solar panels installed on your roof, you can generate clean, pure energy from the sun. Traditional electricity is created from fossil fuels, like coal and natural gas, which emit harmful fumes that cause air pollution and contribute to global climate change. When your home uses solar panels, you are reducing the nation’s collective dependence on fossil fuels and helping to reduce greenhouse gases because the energy you are using is clean.
You can also help improve public health. Because your form of energy emits no harmful gas into the air, unlike regular electricity, you are reducing the harmful pollutants in the air and improving air quality.
Other Solar Roofing Benefits
There are a host of other benefits from using solar panels:
• Job creation: Someone’s got to install your solar panels. The U.S. is leading the world in clean energy, and you can help increase demand for it and help maintain/create jobs in this industry by having solar panels on your home.
• Support local businesses: Most solar panel companies are local, and supporting them can help your community.
• Energy independence: You can help yourself become energy independent through solar power since you will not need to rely on regular electricity.
With these solar roofing benefits, it’s hard to say no to installing a solar panel roof system on your home. When you are researching companies to install the solar panels, look no further than the experts at Preman Roofing.
Preman Roofing is a licensed roof and solar contractor. We have over 18 years of experience and have installed over 20,000 roof and solar systems. With American made products and the best warranty in the industry, we offer every customer unparalleled service and results.
Learn more about solar roof cost.